Unable to trade leap options

I try to buy/sell nifty leap options but it says not allowed to sell after 6 month options. it would be nice if i could buy/sell those options. I see there are many options gets traded in those contracts. it helps in hedging and would be very beneficial feature for mature traders. :slight_smile:

Hey Piyush - Our Tech team is working on this, You should see this in a few weeks from now
Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @AngelOne - Its been almost 8 months but haven’t got any update on it ? Could you please confirm if there are plans for Angel One to enable this options or not ?

Also I get RMS error for stock options contracts which are far OTM and when I raised ticket with AngelOne they says because of some policies it is not allowed because of risk but I don’t understand where is the risk in selling far OTM contracts ? I see risk when selling near ATM calls/puts but for options sellers far OTM contracts selling is the way of earning. Could you please help pass this message to higher management and request to allow atleast sell those contracts ? Or provide proper reasoning as I don’t think the risk is more in selling far OTM contracts then selling near ATM contracts. Thanks!

The only risk with far OTM I can see if someone places a market order but still I see that now there are UCL & LCL for those contracts so I don’t think this would be a risk. Also you can try doing only Limit orders instead of Market orders for those far OTM contracts to control risk.

Hey @AngelOne - Almost a year now. Any update if we are going to see these soon or this is now not in roadmap ? please let me know if possible as now FY is over and i need to decide on the broker for next FY.