Following the acquisition of the 18% stake, Siemens AG’s independent ownership in Siemens India will elevate to 69%.
Siemens AG plans to engage in a share purchase agreement with Siemens Energy, aiming to acquire an 18% stake in Siemens India Limited The transaction’s purchase price is 2.1 billion Euros, as stated by the company.
Siemens and Siemens Energy have reached an agreement to suggest to the board of Siemens India a separation of the energy business. Siemens Energy will eventually take over a majority stake in the separated energy division. The separation is anticipated to be finalized in 2025, ahead of the earlier scheduled timeline.
The acquisition cost demonstrates a standard discount of 15% based on the five trading days volume weighted average price leading up to the signing day. Siemens will additionally refrain from offering any new guarantees to Siemens Energy.
After the announcement, the company’s shares experienced a notable surge, climbing over 4% and reaching an intraday peak of Rs 4066 per share. As of the time of writing the article, the shares are currently trading at Rs 3495 per share, reflecting a 2.25% increase from Monday’s closing price of Rs 3418.20 per share on the BSE.
Turning your attention towards the current ownership stakes as of September 30, Siemens International holds a 47.7% stake in Siemens India, and Siemens Metals holds a 3.3% stake. Together, these entities currently possess a combined 51% stake in the Indian entity.
After the acquisition, the cumulative stake of these entities will increase to 69%, signifying a significant rise. Concurrently, Siemens Energy’s stake will decrease to 6% from its previous holding of 24%.
Siemens, the Indian joint venture between Siemens Energy and its parent company Siemens AG, saw Siemens Energy’s decision to sell the majority of its stake in the Indian joint venture to its parent as a move to bolster its balance sheet and reinforce its capital base.
Furthermore, Siemens Energy has put forth a proposal for the separation of the energy business within Siemens India. The company also intends to secure a controlling interest in the separated energy division.
Siemens AG has granted Siemens Energy permission to utilize its 5% stake as collateral for guarantees. Should Siemens Energy opt to utilise this stake as collateral, Siemens AG has agreed to repurchase it for 750 million euros.
Disclaimer: This post has been written exclusively for educational purposes. The securities mentioned are only examples and not recommendations. It is based on several secondary sources on the internet and is subject to changes. Please consult an expert before making related decisions.