Help ! Bracket Order at Angelone web/Tradeone

I have a small doubt about placing bracket orders in options trading. Since BO execution on Angelone Web/Tradeone is only possible at a limit price, I wanted to know if the CMP/LTP is trading below the desired limit price. Will it execute at the CMP/LTP or at the set limit price?

For example, if the LTP is 100 and the desired limit price is 105, what will happen?
Will my order execute only after LTP reaches 105 or 100 itself?

1 Like

Hi @Scorpio ! Welcome to the Community.

To answer your query, whether a buy or sell order is executed at the market price or remains in a pending status depends on the current market price.

For a buy order, if you place the order at a price above the current market price, the order will remain in a pending status until the market price reaches or exceeds your order price. Once the market price reaches or exceeds the your order price, the order will be executed at the market price.

For a sell order, if you are placing the order at a price below the current market price, the order will be executed at the market price. Once your order price is reached or exceeded, the order will be filled at the best available price. If you place the order at a price above the current market price, the order will remain in a pending status until the market price reaches or falls below your order price.

Here is an example:

• Buy order: You place a buy order for 100 shares of stock XYZ at 105 per share. The current market price for stock XYZ is 100 per share. The buy order will remain in a pending status until the market price reaches or exceeds 105 per share. Once the market price reaches or exceeds 105 per share, the buy order will be executed at the market price.

• Sell order: You place a sell order for 100 shares of stock XYZ at 100 per share. The current market price for stock XYZ is 105 per share. The sell order will be executed at the market price, which is 105 per share.

Hope this makes sense, if you need further clarifications on this, please post it on the same thread :slight_smile:

Disclaimer: The securities mentioned are only examples and not recommendations. Please consult an expert before making related decisions.

1 Like

Thanks for the response but my doubt is different.
What if I place buy order at 105 at the time when CMP is 100 specifically in case of bracket order? Iā€™m asking this because in BO there is no trigger and limit criteria available on angelone

1 Like