Account Opening Process

@AngelOne – What are the requirements and procedures for opening a new trading account?

1 Like

Hey @Vinayak11, you need to open a Trading and Demat account together as per Angel One’s policy. You can do it online through the Angel web portal by visiting Angel One. You can also open an account by downloading Angel One mobile app.

Here are the documents required and the procedure to open the Trading account on Angel One:

1. Documents required to open the account in under 5 minutes:

• PAN card
  • Aadhaar card
  • Bank a/c statement
  • Cancelled cheque (optional)

2. Procedure to open a Demat and Trading account with Angel One:

Step 1: Download the Angel One app from iOS or Google Play.

Step 2: Enter your mobile number and verify it with the OTP sent to that number. Next, enter the email ID that you want to register with and confirm by furnishing the OTP sent to that ID. Note that this number and email ID will be used for all further communications.

Step 3: Enter your PAN details by uploading a picture of the document. A scanned copy will also do. Note that the uploaded image must be a .jpg, .jpeg, .png file and up to 5 MB. Alternatively, you can also add the details manually.

Step 4: Fill in your bank account details. First, choose a bank where you have an account that you want to link with the Angel One app. Then, verify the mobile number linked to the bank account via an SMS sent to that number. On successful verification, you can a see list of accounts in that bank that are linked to the mobile number you entered. Choose the account you want to connect with the Angel One trading account.

Alternatively, you can also enter the bank details manually or upload a scanned copy of a cancelled cheque from the relevant bank account to register the details. Note that only the scanned copy of the cancelled cheque must be in the formats of .jpg, .jpeg, .png and have a size of up to 5MB.

Step 5: Now complete the KYC verification. As the first step, enter the mobile number linked to your Aadhaar card. If your mobile number is not linked to your Aadhaar card, you will be asked to upload pictures of the front and back of your Aadhaar card. Alternatively, you can also manually enter Aadhaar card details by clicking on “Enter details manually”.

Step 6: Take a selfie by clicking on “Open Camera” and upload it.

Step 7: Finally, upload your signature. You can do this by either signing on a white paper and clicking a picture or uploading an existing scanned copy/picture from the gallery. You can also enter your digital signature by signing within a dotted rectangle on the phone screen.

Step 8: Tick the checklist confirming you are not a politically exposed person and that you are a resident of India.

You are now eligible for equity trading.

For an in-depth process of opening a Demat + Trading account with Angel One, read this article.

The article also discusses how to add other features like FnO trading, nominee addition, password policy, changing MPIN, etc.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I tried opening an account here but due to some issue application got rejected. But it’s been a month I am unable to complete my application.

My application got rejected I don’t know the exact reason. Can any one support from angle one.

Hi @angel66 Can you please share your Client ID so that we can investigate the issue futher and let you know what went wrong? We can also help you with re-applying once we know the exact issue.

Summary

My mobile no is 8122353381

Hi @angel66 Please do not share your personal details like mobile number, address or email address on a public platform, we would request you to kindly help us with your Client ID, will help us to investigate the issue better.

I have not received client id. I am a new use yet open an account with u