UPL LTD is planing for IPO of their Seed business

UPL Ltd, a provider of sustainable agriculture products and solutions, is expected to introduce an initial public offering (IPO) for its seeds business, Advanta Enterprises, in the early stages of FY25. Additionally, the company had announced plans for a rights issue exceeding Rs 4,000 crore. In a filing to the exchange on March 26, it stated that it is currently in the process of finalizing the necessary formalities and complying with regulatory requirements for the rights issue.UPL holds an ownership stake of 86.7% in Advanta Enterprises, while the remaining 13.3% is owned by private equity firm KKR. KKR acquired this stake for $300 million in September 2023.

It was a trick decision.